Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Writing Today

So, today, I spent 10 hours writing for the new album.

Don Chaffer, who is co-producing the album with Derek Webb and me, came into town from Kansas City for a couple of days to plan the album and to write with me for the record. We got the idea to get my live band in a studio with Don and I to jam and hopefully write the music to a few songs over a couple of days. If nothing else, we might get some snippets that could be morphed later into songs.

So, Jon Skaggs, Tommy Lee, Clint Milburn, Don and I went into a little studio off of Music Row called House of David and spent the day jamming and writing.

We ended up writing the music for 4 songs! 3 of them I'm pretty sure will be on the next record...it all depends on how the turn out once lyrics and melodies are on the music bed we wrote (which I'll be working on over the next couple of weeks).

Tomorrow, Derek will be joining us to write - so hopefully some cool stuff will come out of that!

12 comments:

risalea said...

I saw the pictures! Wish I could be a fly on the wall during one of those sessions. With all those creative musical minds in one room, good stuff is bound to happen.

Have a productive Tuesday!

www.gospelmusicchannel.com/dovesvoting

Cathy Storms said...

That sounds awesome! I saw the pictures also and it looked really cool. Can't wait to hear it.

Hischild said...

Oh I KNOW some cool stuff will come out of that! Thanks for blogging the happenings.

Carmen said...

Can't wait to hear some of the new stuff! Chris is the new album going to be more like TACOSB or more lie RBTY? Just curious.

Carmen

Carmen said...

Hey Chris,
Was wondering if you have had a chance to listen to a group called "House of Heroes" and their album "The End is Not The End"? I just heard the album for the first time today and I really love it. Anybody else interested in listening them can find a free listen on hearitfirst.com

EmilyBoo said...

Hi all, can I use this space for a prayer request today? A young father from my church has passed away very suddenly, leaving a wife and 3 boys. Please, if you pray, pray for Melinda and her sons.
One of the boys is friends with my daughter. I'm very shaken up about this this morning.

DJ in AL said...

Emilyboo-I'm sure I speak for Chris when I say you certainly can use this space for prayer requests.
Prayers on their way.


DJ

Jason said...

I am wondering what the status of Arise is...is it out to radio yet???

Cathy Storms said...

Emilyboo~That's a very sad story. Yes of course we will pray...

rosalee said...

Jason -

"Arise" is on the radio.
You can see radio stations playing it on yes.com:

http://www.yes.com/#Chris_Sligh

risalea said...

Oh, I just had an idea.....for those of you who have uploaded Chris videos to youtube...how about adding the voting link to your description?

Might reach a few more folks!

www.gospelmusicchannel.com/dovesvoting

HstryQT said...

Natalie Grant/ Sligh tour named one of Gospel Music Channel's Top 10 concert tours of 2009...

http://www.gospelmusicchannel.com/ topten/tours09?item=10

(take the space out before "topten" to reattach the link).